Overview of Typing Test Requirement
Typing tests are available to applicants applying to positions requiring typing certificates with the Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD). Check the “Minimum Qualifications” and/or the "Application Instructions" sections of the job posting to see if a typing certificate is required. It is the responsibility of the applicant (including current Los Rios employees) to attach a valid typing certificate to their application.
Current Full-Time LRCCD Employee: Typing certificates are valid 3 years from date test was taken; OR, until expiration date, if indicated on the certificate.
NOTE: A typing certificate is not required ONLY for full-time LRCCD employees applying to positions with the same or lower typing requirments of their current position.
Non-LRCCD Employee: Typing certificates are valid 2 year from date test was taken.
NOTE: Temporary employees, student help and Federal Work Study or CalWorks students are not considered regular, permanent LRCCD Employees therefore typing certificates, for these groups, are valid 2 year from the date the test was taken (as noted under Non-LRCCD Employment requirements).
If you have misplaced your LRCCD typing certificate, please contact Human Resources at 916-568-3112 or at email@example.com
Where You Can Obtain Typing Certification
Typing tests are generally offered once a month at the Human Resources Office located at our District Office. You can schedule to attend an upcoming test by contacting us at (916) 568-3112. Testing is held at our nearby training room located at the Los Rios Community College District Workforce and Economic Development building, 1410 Ethan Way Room 207 Sacramento, CA 95825 (across from Cal Expo).
Please be aware that you must call ahead to schedule to take an exam; please do so in advance as space is limited. It is the responsibility of the applicant to assure you have a typing certificate before the posting closing date.
Upcoming scheduled testing dates are listed below. Please call to schedule the week of the exam.
Time February 9, 2018 - Friday 10:00 a.m. March 9, 2018 - Friday 10:00 a.m. April 20, 2018 - Friday 10:00 a.m. May 11, 2018 - Friday 10:00 a.m. June 8, 2018 - Friday 10:00 a.m. July 13, 2018 - Friday 10:00 a.m. August 10, 2018 - Friday 10:00 a.m.
Other places you can obtain certificates:
- If you are a student or current employee of our district, you may obtain a typing certificate from a campus typing center. Please check our college websites at www.losrios.edu for typing center information.
- Temporary employment agencies often provide certificates.
- Sacramento Works offers skills testing at several of their locations (note: when you click on their link, you can enter your zip code to provide the nearest location to you).
Typing Test Certification Requirements
- Typing certificates must be attached to your application by midnight of the job posting closing date.
- Typing certificates must be taken prior to the posting closing date.
- Only 3 or 5 minute typing certificates will be accepted.
- IMPORTANT: All typing certificates must show total gross words per minute and the number of errors. Los Rios CCD calculates Net Words Per Minute by subtracting one point for each error. (Typing certificates that list percentages only will not be accepted).
Example: 45 Gross Words Per Minute - 5 errors = 40 Net Words Per Minute.
- Typing tests taken through an online service/agency WILL NOT be accepted.
- Typing certificates must be signed and dated from a recognized school or agency.