- The employers posting internships on Los Rios' Internships and Career Services platform (Handshake) agree to follow the six criteria under The Fair Labor Standards Act.
- The employers posting internships on Handshake agree to the state laws concerning appropriate breaks, meals, and hours per shift as stated by the US Department of Labor.
- Due to required site visits done by Work Experience instructors, internship worksites should be located near a college campus within the Los Rios Community College District.
- The employers who post on Handshake guarantee that no qualified student or prospective student or any person in his/her educational relationship with the Los Rios Community College District and/or its Colleges shall be discriminated against or excluded from any benefits, activities, or programs on the grounds of ethnic group identification, religion, sex, age, color, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability.
- The Los Rios Community College District and/or its colleges provides this website as a free service for employers, students, and community members.
- The Los Rios Community College District and/or its colleges provides the Cooperative Work Experience Education and Internship Program as a service for employers who can guarantee at least 60 hours of unpaid work or 75 hours of paid work during a semester or summer term.
- To ensure a mutually satisfying partnership, agency agrees to require their selected interns to be enrolled in a Work Experience course in addition to the internship.
- Postings of internship opportunities cannot be any of the following: multi-level marketing businesses, or other business ventures that require an initial investment on the part of the applicant.
- The employers who post on Handshake agree to provide the intern or employee with a safe, professional, and supervised environment. The supervisor should be readily accessible to the student during the student's work hours. They further agree to provide the intern or employee a working environment free from sexual harassment and unlawful discrimination.
- The employer agrees to provide a detailed description of internship duties, training, and responsibilities.
- The employer agrees to provide the internship experience as specified in the posted internship description.
- The intern cannot displace a currently paid worker.
- The employer recognizes that the intern does not qualify as an independent contractor.
- Los Rios Community College District and/or its colleges retains the right to refuse, for any reason, any employer the opportunity to post internships or employment on Handshake.
- Los Rios Community College District and/or its colleges will make every effort to post an accepted internship opportunity during regular business days of receiving it, except during periods of scheduled district and college holidays.
- Employers who post on Handshake agree to manage their own internship postings through the system.
- Employers who post on Handshake will report through the system notification of any student interns hired by their agency.
Employers listed on Handshake are independent of the Los Rios Community College District and/or its colleges. Los Rios Community College District and/or its colleges have not investigated these employers or the positions they have posted and make no representations, warranties, or guarantees about the employers, the positions, or student information. The Los Rios Community College District and/or its Colleges are not responsible for these employer’s acts or omissions.
In consideration for the ability to use this site to access this information, the user agrees to release the Los Rios Community College District and/or its colleges, trustees, employees, and agents from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury and/or death, arising out of or related to the information posted on this website, including the employers, the positions, or acts or omissions of those employers.
Los Rios Community College District and/or its colleges do not guarantee that the college server will function error-free or uninterrupted.
ARC Work Experience
CRC Work Experience
Phone: (916) 691-7372
Location: Library Building, L 217 (2nd floor)
CRC Work Experience Office Website