Skip to Content
Home Admissions Get Started and Apply Undocumented Student Admission and Enrollment Steps

Undocumented Student Admission and Enrollment Steps

Los Rios Community College District welcomes undocumented students! The term "undocumented" refers to a person residing in any given country without legal documentation. This may include people who:

  • Entered the US without inspection
  • Entered the US legally but overstayed
  • Have or previously had Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) status
  • Are U Visa holders
  • Have Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
  • Are in the process of legalizing

Not an Undocumented Student?

If you are not an undocumented student, then you may need to follow different steps. Find out what type of student you are and get the correct steps for you!

What Type of Student Are You?

Apply to Los Rios

Create an OpenCCC account using a personal email (or log in if you already have an account) and fill out the online application for any of the Los Rios colleges.

High School Seniors

If your high school completion date is before June and you are applying for the summer or fall semester, then enter the information on your application as if you have already graduated. Please note the “as of” dates outlined throughout the application.


  • Account creation: If you have a social security number (SSN), work authorization SSN, or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), then you have the option to enter it when you create an account. If you do not have an SSN or ITIN, then check the corresponding box(es) on the CCCApply application. An SSN or ITIN is not required to apply.
  • Citizenship page: Undocumented students may select other and no documents. This includes students with DACA.

Selecting a Major/Goal

If you're unsure what you want to study, explore careers with PathwayU – a free tool for students to explore where their interests, values, personality, and workplace preferences intersect with career fields and programs of study available at Los Rios Community College District. Start by completing the simple PathwayU assessments and see where the results take you!

Students who select "undecided" as their major/goal are not eligible for financial aid. We encourage you to select what you are most interested in right now.

Students Must Reside in California

Students who are not physically located in California may not enroll in online courses offered by Los Rios Community College District. Los Rios Community College District is not authorized to provide education outside the boundaries of the State of California.

Complete the Nonresident Tuition Exemption Form

California regulations allow students who meet certain criteria to pay California resident fee rates.

Eligible undocumented students may be exempt from paying nonresident tuition at all public colleges and universities in California (including the California Community Colleges, the California State University, and the University of California) if they meet AB540, AB2000, and/or SB68 eligible requirements.

Not sure if you meet the criteria for AB540 eligibility? Contact the Admissions and Records Office.

To be eligible to receive state-based financial aid through the CA Dream Act Application (CADAA), students must be eligible for AB540, AB2000, and/or SB68, and have successfully submitted a Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request Form.

Students are not required to submit high school transcripts or diplomas with this form unless directed to do so by staff.

To submit the Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request Form:

  1. Log in to eServices.
  2. Click Student eForms and Petitions.
  3. Select Residency to bring up your form options.
  4. Click Start an AB-540 eForm to begin.

Go to eServices

Save Money – Apply for Financial Aid

Financial aid is any source of funds that helps you pay for college. We recommend that you submit a financial aid application to see what you qualify for – and remember, you need to apply for financial aid each academic year!

Federal School Codes

  • American River College: 001232
  • Cosumnes River College: 007536
  • Folsom Lake College: 038713
  • Sacramento City College: 001233

If you are not a US Citizen, then you may be eligible for the California Dream Act. You can submit the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) if you meet the non-resident exemption requirements under AB 540, AB 2000, or SB 68, and any of the following are true:

  • You are undocumented.
  • You have a valid or expired DACA status.
  • You are a U Visa holder.
  • You have Temporary Protected Status (TPS).

Submit CADAA

Set Up eServices and Los Rios Gmail

eServices is Los Rios' online student portal where students manage their information, records, classes, and more.

After your application is processed, you will receive an email with your Los Rios student ID number (also known as a "W" number or "wID"). This is a seven-digit number with a preceding "W"; for example, W0000001.

You will use your Los Rios ID and password to log in to multiple services, including Canvas, eServices, Los Rios Gmail, and instructional lab computers.

Students who submit an application without a social security number (SSN) should contact the Admissions and Records Office at the college to which they applied to expedite the processing of their application:

Create Password

Complete Orientation

New student orientation gives you important information to help you succeed in college.

Orientation gives new students a strong start to college by providing planning, support, and guidance. Learn about important forms and tasks you need to complete before you start classes.

Check Your Math and English Placement

Your placement helps you determine which math, English, or English as a Second Language (ESL) courses you should enroll in.

Students can check their placement in eServices.

  1. From your eServices dashboard, click Academic Records.
  2. Click Placements to view your math and English placements.

Recent High School Graduates

If you graduated high school less than 10 years ago and you provided your GPA and the last math and English classes you took in high school on your application, then your placement information is automatically updated in eServices.

Older High School Graduates and Others

If any of the following are true for you, then you may need to submit your high school transcripts or use the guided self-placement process to receive your math and English placement:

  • Graduated high school more than 10 years ago
  • Left high school without graduating
  • Did not enter your high school information on your application
  • Attended a foreign high school

Learn About Placement

Meet With a Counselor and Pick Your Classes

Enroll in Classes

You can enroll in classes online via eServices during or after your enrollment appointment window.

You will be assigned an enrollment appointment, which is the earliest date and time you can enroll in classes. You can find your enrollment appointment in eServices.

You can enroll in classes at multiple Los Rios colleges. To do this, log in to eServices and follow these steps:

  1. Click Manage Classes.
  2. Click Add Another College.
  3. Follow the instructions to add the college where you want to take classes for the selected term.

Enroll in Classes

Pay Your Fees

Pay your fees soon after you enroll to avoid being dropped.

Your tuition and fees are due soon after you enroll in classes. You may be dropped if your fees are not paid by the fee payment deadline. This is true even if you enroll in a class that starts later in the semester.

You can see how much you owe in eServices. From your dashboard, click Financial Account, then Account Balance.

Pay Fees in eServices

Get Help