The Handshake support website has many useful articles and resources, including the following:
- Getting Started on Handshake
- How to Post a Job on Handshake
- Helpful Articles with Tips and Trends for Modern Recruiting
- Virtual Career Fair Information for Employers
Best Practices for Employers
- Build a complete company profile with interesting facts that make your workplace stand out and attract candidates.
- Make your job posting as dynamic as the job: your job description is the main hook for students. Include specific skills, responsibilities, minimum and preferred qualifications, and personal or professional growth opportunities in your description to attract more applicants.
- When posting a job that allows remote workers, include verbiage indicating this in your job description as well. Students can search for positions using keyword search.
- While Handshake allows any student to apply for any job, students can see when they don't meet your preferred major qualifications, and that may deter some otherwise competitive candidates from applying. Expanding those qualifications may provide you with a greater pool of candidates and improve your overall recruiting experience with Handshake.
- Avoid using "school year" and "graduation year" preferences/filters to increase your pool of candidates.
Work Experience Resources
Work Experience Internships: Employer Resources
Through our Work Experience Internship Program, employers have a direct link to over 70,000 students in the Sacramento region. Learn how to post an internship and find an intern.