Los Rios Community College District is committed to protecting the information that is critical to the varied activities of our district and colleges. This includes teaching, research, and business operations, as well as the communities we support – students, faculty, staff, and the public. These protections may be governed by legal, contractual, or district policy considerations.
The following OUCH! Security Awareness newsletters are courtesy of the SANS Institute, the SANS "Securing the Human" project, and other reputable sources. Each monthly edition of OUCH! focuses on a specific security topic and provides actionable steps you can take to protect yourself, your family, and Los Rios.
- November 2022 – Browsers
- October 2022 – Emotional Triggers – How Cyber Attackers Trick You
- September 2022 – Got Backups?
- August 2022 – Charity and Disaster Scams
- July 2022 – Phishing Attacks Are Getting Trickier
- June 2022 – Securely Gaming Online
- April 2022 – Top Three Social Media Scams
- March 2022 – Learn a New Survival Skill: Spotting Deepfakes
- February 2022 – Anyone Can Start a Career in Cybersecurity
- January 2022 – Spot and Stop Messaging Attacks
- December 2021 – Cybersecurity Tips for Vacations
- November 2021 – Shopping Online Securely
- October 2021 – Avoiding Common Email Mistakes
- September 2021 – Securing Your Accounts
- August 2021 – Securely Using the Cloud
- July 2021 – Securing Your Mobile Devices
- June 2021 – Securely Using Mobile Apps
- May 2021 – Vishing – Phone Call Attacks and Scams
- April 2021 – Privacy – Protecting Your Digital Footprint
- March 2021 – Identity Theft
- February 2021 – I'm Hacked. Now What?
- January 2021 – Securing Wi-Fi at Home
- How to Avoid Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks from the US Department of Homeland Security.
- Two Simple Rules That Can Spot Nearly Every Email Phishing Scam from Digital Check.
- What is phishing? Examples, types, and techniques from CSO Online
- Phishing Quiz from Google/Jigsaw – can you spot when you're being phished?
- Krebs On Security blog covering cybersecurity and cybercrime (written by Brian Krebs, a journalist and investigative reporter).