Equity and Diversity
Our Commitment to Equity and Diversity
At Los Rios Community College District, we value equity and diversity. That's why we work toward just and fair inclusion into a society in which all people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential.
No person shall be unlawfully discriminated against, harassed, or excluded from any benefits, activities, or programs because they possess of any of the following characteristics (actual or perceived):
- Ethnic group identification
- Race or color
- Sex, gender, gender identity, or gender expression
- Pregnancy or childbirth-related condition
- Sexual orientation or sexual identity
- Religion or religious creed
- Age (over forty)
- National origin or ancestry
- Physical or mental disability
- Medical condition
- Political affiliation or belief
- Military and veteran status
- Marital status
In addition, retaliation against a person who files a complaint, refers a matter for investigation, participates in an investigation, or serves as an advocate for a complainant or respondent is prohibited by district policy.
To file a complaint, fill out a Discrimination Complaint Form and submit it to your equity officer. This form is not required and a complaint will not be rejected based on failure to use the form.
If it is determined that misconduct occurred, then Los Rios Community College District will take immediate steps to halt misconduct and remedy any effects of that misconduct.
An equity officer will hold an informal conference if the complainant wants to try and resolve the complaint informally. The equity officer will provide information about applicable laws and rules. If an informal resolution is not reached or if the complainant disagrees with the recommendation made, then the complainant may engage in a formal resolution process.
- Intent and Accountability for Equal Opportunity – Policy 2113 (PDF) / Regulation 2113 (PDF)
- Discrimination and Harassment Complaint Procedures – Policy 2423 (PDF) / Regulation 2423 (PDF)
- Sexual Harassment – Policy 2424 (PDF)
- Due Process – Policy 2442 (PDF) / Regulation 2442 (PDF)
- Standards of Conduct – Policy 2441 (PDF) / Regulation 2441 (PDF)
- Sexual Violence, Relationship Violence and Stalking – Policy 2541 (PDF)
- Intent and Accountability for Equal Opportunity – Policy 6111 (PDF)
- Discrimination and Harassment Complaint Procedures – Policy 6163 (PDF) / Regulation 6163 (PDF)
- Sexual Harassment – Policy 6161 (PDF)
- Just Causes for Discipline – Policy 6912 (PDF)
- Counseling Memo/Letter of Reprimand – Policy 6913 (PDF) / Regulation 6913 (PDF)
- Severe Disciplinary Action – Policy 6914 (PDF) / Regulation 6914 (PDF)
- Appeal Process – Policy 6915 (PDF)