Work Experience and Internship Program
Gain Work Experience While You Earn College Credit
Our Work Experience Internship Program is a unique academic program where students apply what they have learned in the classroom to a work environment – all while earning college credit.
How It Works
The Work Experience Internship Program has two simultaneous parts:
- Students enroll in a Work Experience course at their college
- Students receive help finding an internship for the semester
Are you an employer looking for an intern? See our work experience resources for employers.
Benefits for Students
Students who participate in this program:
- Get a glimpse into their chosen career field and receive career guidance
- Acquire hands-on experience within a structured program
- Practice setting goals
- Learn how to use performance evaluations for improvement
- Develop relationships with potential future employers
- Earn academic credit while working
Internship Guide for Students
Use our Internship Guide for Students to learn how to find an internship, build a resume, and prepare for an interview.
Work Experience Guide for Students
Use our Work Experience Guide for Students to learn which WEXP course you should enroll in and how many units you can earn in a semester.
Programs Participating in Work Experience
Find links to each Los Rios college to see which programs participate in the Work Experience Internship Program.
A Job and Internship Platform for Students
Start your job or internship hunt at Handshake – a modern, easy-to-use platform where students and alumni can find full-time and part-time internships and jobs, as well as volunteer opportunities.
On Handshake, you can schedule advising appointments, connect with employers, register for events, and more! Log in to your Handshake using your Los Rios student ID and password.