Associate degrees for transfer (also called ADTs or transfer degrees) are designed to provide a clear pathway for California community college students to California State University (CSU) degrees. California community college students who earn an associate degree for transfer are guaranteed admission with junior standing to select CSU campuses and are given priority admission consideration over other transfer students. Students who have completed a transfer degree in a major deemed similar to a CSU major are able to complete the remaining requirements at that CSU within 60 units after transfer. For more information, consult a counselor.
Students can also visit the Degree With a Guarantee website to learn more.
Requirements for a Transfer Degree
Transfer degrees require the following:
- Complete all required courses for a major with a grade of "C" or better.
- Complete one of the following general education (GE) patterns (check with your counselor to determine the appropriate pattern for the degree you are pursuing):
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) – CSU option
- CSU General Education Breadth Requirements
- Complete 60 CSU-transferable units. At least 12 of the 60 units must be earned at a single Los Rios College.