Money shouldn't get in the way of getting a college education. Our financial aid offices are here to help you get the financial support you need to afford college.
Types of Financial Aid
- Promise programs offer first-time, full-time students one year of tuition-free education at our colleges.
- Grants come from the federal or state government. Typically, you do not have to pay grants back – they are essentially free money.
- A direct loan or private loan is money you borrow that you have to pay back with interest.
- A scholarship is money given to you by a college or outside organization to help pay for your education or related expenses.
Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
Did you know you can lose your financial aid if you don't meet certain requirements? Make sure you maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) to keep your financial aid.
Federal School Code
Make sure you include your college's federal school code on your FAFSA application.
- American River College: 001232
- Cosumnes River College: 007536
- Folsom Lake College: 038713
- Sacramento City College: 001233