Student Technology Team
Join the Student Technology Team!
The Los Rios Community College District Department of Information Technology (DOIT) is hiring students to perform IT-related activities in support of Los Rios operations, initiatives, projects, programs, research, and procurements.
DOIT is looking for three students from our four Los Rios colleges to help DOIT deliver innovative and reliable technology services and solutions to support and advance student success, enrich educational opportunities, and personalize learning environments and support services.
This position is an exciting opportunity for students to gain valuable knowledge and experience, while simultaneously contributing their voice and skills to Los Rios’ efforts to improve the educational and employment experience!
We are looking for students with the following traits:
- Pursuing a program of study relating to information technology – including, but not limited to, business technology, computer information science, electronics technology, management, and project management
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Passion for creating an intuitive and valuable user experience
- Ability to collaborate with and work in groups with varying interests and perspectives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
This is a paid position at $13 per hour.
The student tech team members will perform the following activities:
- IT Support – perform technical, administrative, and analytical tasks in support of help desk, desktop support, user support, user training, networks, infrastructure, website, application development, research, configuration, testing, user design, user experience, implementation, and documentation.
- Management Support – perform support, administrative, and analytical tasks supporting IT Project Management, portfolio management, program management, organizational change management, Service Management, Systems Development Lifecycle, IT communications, training, procurement, contract management, recruitment, user design, user experience, research of IT issues, products, markets, trends, and solutions.
We are looking for students to make a year-long commitment to this opportunity. Students will work an average of 10 to 24 hours per week, depending on business needs and student schedules. Actual work schedules will be determined after conversations with selected students.
If you have questions, then please call us at (916) 568-3017.
The application deadline is Friday, February 7. As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide your resume and a 2-minute video answering the following question: Why you are interested in becoming a member of the DOIT Student Team?
Don't wait – apply today!